Listen & Subscribe: on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Google Podcasts, Android Device
(This post may include some affiliate links)
How do you create a life where work is optional? Are you interested in early retirement but not a fan of super frugality? On today’s podcast, I have Tanja Hester, creator of the Our Next Blog, who retired early at the age of 38 to talk about her new book, Work Optional, where she answers those questions and more.
In this episode we discuss:
- The three stages of work optional living; full early retirement, semi-retirement & career intermission
- The concept of Hedonic Adaptation and how it impacts the way we spend money
- Why we should all have a money mission statement
- Tanja’s genetic disability and how it impacts her drive to live her best life
- Different options for health care coverage for early retirees plus so much more
I’m also excited because I’m giving away a copy of Tanja’s new book, Work Optional, to lucky listeners of the podcast. You can enter to win by clicking here
Join the Journeyer Launch Club for more tips, tools and resources to help you on your journey to Financial Freedom!I'm listening to Episode 84 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, How To Achieve A Work-Optional Life & Retire Early w/ Tanja Hester @our_nextlife Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
Download the Work Optional Questionnaire
Join The Journeyer Launch Club
Join The Weekly Newsletter List
Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Tanja:
Connect with me:
Join the private Facebook Group
Become a member of the Journeyer Launch Club