(This post may include some affiliate links)
Consumerism and the desire to accumulate ‘things’ can be one of the greatest threats to achieving Financial Independence. One of the best ways to combat this and the clutter that results is to lead a more organized lifestyle that is fueled by the things that bring you joy. This is the main principle behind the KonMari™ organization method.
This week, I am speaking with Kristyn Ivey, the founder of For the Love of Tidy and Chicago’s first certified KonMari™ consultant. Kristyn is also on the journey to FI and she has made several interesting connections between tidiness and personal finance. With a background in both engineering and interior design, Kristyn has made it her mission to teach families and professionals how to let go of “stuff” to attract a truly abundant life.
In this episode we discuss:
- How becoming more organized and tidy can lead someone to focus and find their passion and pursue big changes in their lives
- The finance/organizing connection
- The KonMari method and the art of tidying up
- Finding Freedom through KonMari
- Using the concept of “what sparks joy” to our budgets and therefore prioritize what and how we spend/save
- The relationship of clutter and spending more on rent/mortgage
- Incorporating tidy habits for those that are not naturally tidy
- Kristyn’s FI journey
- Other tidiness and organization tips
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- For The Love of Tidy
- Finding Freedom Through KonMari
- The Spark Joy Podcast
- Get the Book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Kristyn:
Connect with me: