Listen & Subscribe: on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Android Device
It was such a pleasure to be able to sit down and discuss financial planning with my new money friend, Shannah Compton Game. Shannah is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional with an MBA and an award-winning financial strategist on a mission to revolutionize how millennials think, act, and feel about their finances. Her interest in business and budgeting sparked when she started her first business in college, a national student film festival, at only 19.
After selling her business 5 years later, Shannah became a CFP and worked at her father’s firm where she learned everything that she needed to know to open her own firm. Today, Shannah is the host of the very popular personal finance podcast, Your Millennial Money, where she tackles all your burning money questions, with topics like Managing Money as a Couple, Mastering Your Budget, How to Ignite Your Savings, Dealing with Student Loans, Building Your Career, Investing, Entrepreneur Stories, Millennial Travel Spots, Music and more.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Shannah became a Certified Financial Planner
- The one big money mistake that most people make
- Why we should start talking about money more
- How to start a financial plan and what factors to consider
- Mistakes to avoid when developing a financial plan
- Managing financial mishaps and insecurities that stem from your money story
- Shannah’s financial mistakes and lessons learned
At the end of the podcast, I also talk about the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.I'm listening to Episode 50 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, Demystifying Your Finances and Creating a Financial Plan w/ @ShannahGame Click To Tweet “Sometimes the smartest money moves are the things that are just under your nose”-@ShannahGame Click To Tweet It doesn’t matter how much money you make. It’s always better to get your habits in check now so that you can better manage it as you make more. Click To Tweet If we all shared stories about money, we will see that we are much more alike than we think Click To Tweet Your financial plan needs to be flexible with your ultimate goals in mind. Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Your Millenial Money Podcast
- My interview with our mutual Money Friend, Bobbi Rebell
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Shannah:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group
There is no link to listen to this episode on the site. I could be missing it. I’d love to check out this episode.
Hi K! Not sure what happened but it’s there now 🙂