Listen & Subscribe: on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Android Device
Success, whether in achieving your financial goals or advancing in your career, comes with tons of hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. Bobbi Rebell, an award-winning TV anchor, personal finance columnist, Certified Financial Planner, Best-selling Author, and now the host of The Financial Grown-Up podcast, is no stranger to all of the above and more.
As a communications major in college, Bobbi made her big break as a financial news TV anchor by making tough decisions and dedicating lots of time and effort. This same focus helped her to author the best-selling self-help/personal finance book “ “How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom,”.
The book combines unique personal financial stories from inspirational leaders with targeted and relatable advice to help readers take charge of their money. It features stories from big names such as Drew Barrymore, Tony Robbins, and Cynthia Rowley. Bobbi now hosts her podcast, Podcast Financial Grown Up with Bobbi Rebell, which features several amazing guests that share their financial stories, including yours truly.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Bobbi got started in the finance industry
- Her book “The Financial Grown Up” and the featured celebrity “grown-up” financial stories
- Drew Barrymore and Tony Robbin’s stories in ‘The Financial Grown Up’
- How Bobbi created more time in her schedule as a wife and mother
- Overcoming Mom-Guilt
- Her new podcast, Financial Grown Up with Bobbi Rebell
- Bobbi’s tips for finding deals and discounts for immediate savings and payoff
At the end of the podcast, I also talk about the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.I'm listening to Episode 45 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, w/ @bobbirebell Click To Tweet The effort that successful people make is not always very visible. via @bobbirebell Click To Tweet Make a deliberate, grownup financial decision. If you don’t the decision will be made for you. via @bobbirebell Click To Tweet If you’re going to be an entrepreneur, always be ready for your big break. via @bobbirebell Click To Tweet Nearly everything is negotiable. Always ask for savings where you can. via @bobbirebell Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- The Financial Grownup Podcast
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Bobbi on:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group