For every philosophy, belief, and attitude about money management, there is an underlying money story. Everything from the way that our parents dealt with money to our past financial struggles can have a huge effect on how comfortable we are when it comes to our finances.
Jen Hemphill, a Money Confidence Coach, AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor) and host of the Her Money Matters Podcast, inspires women from all different walks of life to move beyond their money story and become confident in making sound decisions about their money. In her new book, ‘Her Money Matters’, she provides tips, tricks, and good practices to find your financial confidence and ensure that it stays.
In this episode we discuss:
- What inspired Jen to teach about the confidence behind finance
- How a scarcity mentality held her back from her financial goals
- Managing money expectations with your partner
- How to cultivate money confidence
- Ways to increase your financial confidence
- The importance of financial confidence check-ins
- How she became confident with money
- Jen’s Book, ‘Her Money Matters’ and how her tips can help others reach their financial goals
- Money actions and skills
- The value of accountability and budgeting
- Budgeting based on where you are in your journey
At the end of the podcast, I also talk about the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.I'm listening to Episode 44 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, Rewrite Your Money Story & Propel Your Way To Financial Success w/ Jen Hemphill w/ @jenhemphilll Click To Tweet You need to be aware of your past money stories to avoid harmful cycles. Click To Tweet “The financial experts may be experts in personal finances, but they’re not experts in you.” -@jenhemphilll Click To Tweet You have to take action to increase your financial confidence. Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Abraham-Hicks Prosperity Game
- 7 Ways To Improve Your Financial Confidence Podcast Episode
- ‘Her Money Matters’ Book
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Jen on:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group