There a few things more inspirational than hearing about another family’s real-life experience. Kiersten and Julien Saunders, the couple behind the finance blog, Rich And Regular, provide real-life inspiration to other couples and families on the journey to Financial Independence.
As marketing professionals, the Saunders used their income to aggressively eliminate their debt. Over the course of 5 years, they have been able to pay off more than $200,000 of consumer debt. More recently, they have paid off the mortgage on their home and they have added a new addition to the family, 11-month old Baby Bo. As lovers of life and travel, the Saunders are proof that the road to Financial Independence doesn’t have to absent from the simple pleasures of life.
In this episode we discuss:
- How the Saunders started their FI journey
- The Steps that they took to save money and eliminate debt
- How visually mapping out their progress allowed them to stay focused on their financial goals
- Why they made the decision to pay off their mortgage
- How becoming parents has affected their FI journey
- Their goals for achieving financial independence
- How to manage workplace burnout with marriage and children and use it as motivation
- The flexibility within achieving financial independence
- The significance of still living a life you love while saving and preparing for the future
- Implementing planning days to plan for savings and budgeting
- The next steps for their blog, Rich and Regular
Check out the sponsor for this episode, YNAB and sign up for a free 2-month trial!
At the end of the podcast, I also talk about the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.I'm listening to Episode 43 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, Being Rich & Regular: A Couple's Journey To Reaching Financial Independence w/ @richandregular Click To Tweet Cooking at home, committing to live small, and not get enticed to buy up helped @richandregular to eliminate debt. Click To Tweet Reaching your financial goals will not be as enjoyable if you’re burnt out on the way the achieving them. Click To Tweet You don’t have to wait until you reach the financial goal to decide to be happy. Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with The Saunders on:
Connect with me: