When it comes to building wealth, credit can be a key component in helping you to achieve your financial goals. Credit expert, Shante Harris, joins us on the show to talk about everything from credit scores, credit reporting, and even credit card utilization. A Maryland native, Shante shares an incredible story of triumph in which she survived cancer, becoming a mother of a child with autism, divorce and even homelessness.
Throughout her times of adversity, Shante gained the experience of bouncing back from credit card debt and becoming an expert in transforming not-so-perfect credit. Today, she leads a Facebook group of more than 58,000 members where she shares her expertise and inspires others to work toward their credit goals. She is also the founder of the non-profit organization, F.A.C.E. (Facing Autism with Children Everywhere).
Sign up for Credit Sesame using my affiliate link and get your free credit report and other resources to help you monitor and improve your credit.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Why credit is important
- How credit works
- The 5 components of a credit score
- The importance of the average age of accounts
- How travel hacking can affect your score
- Vantage scores vs. FICO
- How student loans affect your credit
- How employers check credit scores and other financial information
- Tips for paying off your credit card balance
At the end of the podcast, I announced the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.
(YNAB, my favorite budgeting app is giving Journeyers a 2-month free trial, no credit card required to try their amazing budgeting system, check it out here!)I'm listening to Episode 37 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, Credit 101: Understanding Credit & Using Credit To Build Wealth w/ Shante Harris Click To Tweet Credit can be the determining factor in whether you’re approved for house, car, loans, interest rates, and jobs. Click To Tweet 35% of your credit score is payment history. Click To Tweet You have to use credit to build a good score. Click To Tweet If it does not say FICO, it is not an accurate depiction of where you stand. Click To Tweet If you’re still breathing, you have time to fix your life. -Shante Harris Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Your Financial Common Cents Facebook Group
- Sign up for Credit Sesame using my affiliate link and get your free credit report and other resources to help you monitor and improve your credit
- How We Saved $169,000 in 2 Years With the Help of This Budgeting System
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Shante on:
Connect with me: