Listen & Subscribe: on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Android Device
Meet Kristy Shen & Bryce Leung, two millennials that decided to invest and retire early rather than buy a home in their high cost of living area, Toronto, Canada. They retired from their jobs at the age of 31 years old by working hard, prioritizing their spending and making smart investments and now they are traveling the world and sharing their experience with us.
Krysti and Bryce decided to figure out a lifestyle that would work best for them and made their dreams of early retirement come true. In this interview, we discuss the following:
- The actual steps they took to retire at 31
- What gave them the motivation to start saving and cutting back on their “spendy” lifestyle and how they continued to keep their expenses in check while growing their income
- Why they don’t believe home ownership is for everyone and dismantling the thought of homeownership as part of the “dream”
- How they deal with operating in a society where we are conditioned to believe that what we do for a living equals our worth
- How they manage to travel the world on a moderate budget plus much more!
Share:I'm listening to Episode 11 of the #JourneyToLaunch podcast w/ special guests @FIRECracker_Rev Click To Tweet It's about breaking free from the corporate prison we've all been tricked into via @FIRECracker_Rev Click To Tweet Because of overpriced houses and expensive lifestyles, we've been conditioned to believe this is the only way to live @FIRECracker_Rev Click To Tweet It's important to switch from a consumer's mindset to a builder's mindset via @FIRECracker_Rev Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
Visit Krysti & Bryce’s site- Millennial-revolution.com
Blog Posts – Would We Be Richer If We’d Bought A House, How They Got Here Series Part 1,
YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Krysti & Bryce:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group
Thanks for sharing this podcast, my girlfriend and I just listened to it. This couple provided a great insight to how they live their life and their FI jouney. They provided many of their points we agree with about homeownership such as the mortgage industry isn’t the best if not used wisely and in some cases it is cheaper to rent than buy in the short term. This is great to consider when thinking about homeownership, however this couple goes a step further and it seems as though they are vagabonds. They don’t truly have a home from what we got from the podcast, so it’s more like they are suggesting rejecting having a “home” either renting or buying.
Thanks for listening Tim! Yes, I enjoyed sharing their perspective on homeownership because it goes against the grain of the status quo