I spend an obscene amount of time in my car. About 3-4 hours a day of driving. It’s insane but I’ve been doing the commute for over 12 years.
In that time, I’ve come to make the best use of my time in the car by listening to podcasts.
In fact, it was listening to podcasts that sparked my dreams of early retirement and Financial Freedom.
I started journeytolaunch.com, as a blog to chronicle my financial journey. Once I discovered my love of podcasts, I knew that I wanted to add podcasting to my platform.
So far, I’ve:
- Listened to hundreds of hours of podcasts episodes. This has helped me get a sense of the format and style of the podcast that I’d like to create. I’m also hoping that all these logged listened hours of podcast episodes will help me with my interviewing techniques and speaking style. But there’s no better way to actually improve unless I actually start doing it. You can check out the list of some of my favorite podcasts here.
- Listened to the John Lee Dumas Free Podcast Course, the creator and force behind the award-winning podcast Entrepreneur On Fire. I thought this was an informative how-to guide on how to start and grow a podcast.
- Downloaded the free Garageband app to record my episodes. I plan on outsourcing my editing and production because I simply don’t have the time to do it myself. With GarageBand, I can record my episodes and export them as a file for editing.
- Purchased the here.
- Received these amazing complimentary headphones from Sudio.
I tried them out in my first interview (see next bullet point) and even worked out with them. They’re perfectly balanced and clear for recording my podcast. They use Bluetooth technology, so you don’t have to deal with pesky wires and they are pretty cool looking. You can use my personal promo code JTL15 to receive 15% off the purchase of your very own headphones.
- Finished up my first podcast interview with a very special guest for the show that I can’t wait to share. Hint: She’s one of my besties in life and business. Can you guess who it is?
- Scheduled my second interview next week with another guest I just know you’ll love and learn a lot from.
The podcast will be an extension of my blog featuring expert interviews, solo episodes, and profiles of everyday people on the journey to reach Financial Freedom.
I’ve decided to start a behind the scenes blog series that will be dedicated to the launch of the podcast. My hope is that this will help you feel connected and invested with me as I embark on this new journey. I also want to inspire you to start your own podcast or whatever it is that you’ve been wanting to do and have been putting off. Stop waiting and start doing!
Until next time, please stay updated with news of the podcast and everything else going on with JourneyToLaunch by signing up below.
Read part 2 of the behind the scenes of the podcast launch.
The podcast is here!! Listen to the latest podcast episodes here.